Went Homeland shopping again today. I was able to find most of what I had on my list, but they were out of a few things; and the lines were crazy long. It took us more time standing in line than it took to complete my shopping list. The trip was still worth it though as I was able to save 74% on all the goodies pictured below!
I went to the Homeland in the next town over that is now doubling two like coupons per card, per day and they double coupons the state DND but begin with a 5; this is one way I am able to stock up on goodies much more quickly than shopping at my regular store which doesn't offer such great promotions. Also I decided to "show my work" this time, so here's a semi more detailed shopping list.
(4) Brisk Tea 2lt @ $1.34 each
(2) Dawn Hand Renewal Soap 9 oz @ $1.39 each
(2) Taco Bell Hard Taco Shells 12ct @ $1.00 each
(5) Maruchan Yakisoba Noodles @ $1.00 each
(4) Nestle Nesquik Syrup @ $1.78 each
(4) Campbell's Cream of Potato Soup 15 oz @ $1.00 each
(8) Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup 15 oz @ $1.00 each
(4) Bumble Bee Tuna Pouch @ $1.29 each
(8) Halls Cough Drops 30ct @ $1.25 each
(2) -$1.00/2 Brisk (regional insert x4.10.13) DBL = OOP: 34c each or $1.36
(2) -50c/1 Dawn Soap (1.27.13 P&G x2.28.13) DBL = OOP: 39c each or 78c
(1) -$1.00/2 Taco Bell Products (tearpad/homemailer x3.31.13) DBL = OOP: Free
(2) -$1.00/2 Yakisoba (2.10.13 SS x5.31.13) DBL = OOP: Free
(1) -50c/1 Yakisoba (2.10.13 SS x5.31.13) DBL = OOP: Free
(2) -$1.00/2 Nestle Syrup/Powder (2.17.13 RP x4.4.13) DBL = OOP: 78c each or $3.12
(2) -40c/2 Campbell's Soup (1.13.13 SS x3.15.13) DBL = OOP: 60c each or $2.40
(2) -40c/4 Campbells Soup (1.13.13 SS x3.15.13) DBL = OOP: 80c each or $6.40
(2) -55c/2 Bumble Bee Tuna (blinkie x4.30.13) DBL = OOP: 74c each or $2.96
(2) -$1.00/2 Halls Cough Drops 25ct or higher (tearpad x3.31.13) DBL = OOP: 25c each or $1.00
(2) -$1.00/2 Halls Cough Drops 17 ct or higher (blinkie x4.3.13) DBL = OOP: 25c each or $1.00
And the register figured that my transaction should actually be:
Subtotal = $17.82
Tax (8.85%) = $2.92
Total Due = $20.74
Total number of items sold = 41
Then dividing price paid by products purchased I figured I paid 51c per product this shopping trip!
Let me know what ya think & don't forget to link up your local grocery store trip here in the comment section!